Electrical Safety Audits
Trans-Euro’s electrical safety audit service is designed to provide advice and guidance on good practice to enable individuals and their organisations to ensure they have the appropriate procedures in place for their electrical systems and processes in order to meet the legal requirements of the Electrical Safety at Work Regulations. There are many technical publications that provide guidance on certain aspects of electrical safety but not in a way that provides a formal process for managing electrical safety and its implementation in the work place.
Our audit service will review existing policy and procedural aspects of electrical safety within an organisation along with current working practices and advise on improvements where appropriate.
The audit will include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Interviews with key personnel to establish current policy and procedures
- Identify and define duty holders in the context of electrical safety
- Review how electrical safety policy is communicated within the organisation
- Review how electrical systems and equipment are managed and maintained
- Review specific working practices (as required)
- Review the management of contractors employed on the clients premises (where relevant)
- Review training policies and implementation
- Review the process of audits and planning with regard to electrical safety
- Review how electrical incidents are reported and investigated
Based on our findings a detailed report will be published by Trans-Euro along with its recommendations for review with the client.
Our professionally qualified consultants are all chartered electrical engineers and corporate members of the IET. We have a wealth of experience in electrical power, electronics and communications engineering.
Our consultancy services also includes conducting electrical installation surveys for major clients and requires us to be fully compliant in electrical safety procedures and to this end we are a member of the Safecontractor scheme and the Electrical Contractors Association (ECA) which requires our own organisation to undergo annual electrical safety audits.
Our corporate clients include major mobile phone network providers, banks, facilities managers, electrical engineering contractors, manufacturers and retail groups.
To discuss your particular requirements for an electrical safety audit please contact us.